Tuesday, 8 April 2014

The Research Process: Step 2: Discussing the Project

I was in contact with PC Taylor via E-Mail as we planned to arrange a meeting with himself and Student Services for Monday 31st March 2014. This was a vital meeting because it was where we would throw around the ideas of what we all wanted to get out of this project. I addressed my requirements of the project; achieving all units and going through the general design process that I had already adopted. I had to make it clear to PC Taylor that I had to go through these processed as part of the course requirements and he was happy with this as ultimately whether they used the designs or not, the purpose of this project was so I could apply all my skills to be able to pass the course. In the meeting we discussed the possibility of an awareness campaign aimed at younger drivers and this was a gap that the Constabulary had in the Road Safety sections. However, PC Taylor had said that when there is a campaign aimed at drivers they tend to address drivers as a whole, rather than specifically highlighting a section of that population. Despite this PC Taylor agreed that having a campaign aimed at young drivers would be good as it addressed a part of society that was normally missed in the other campaigns. This was especially more important due to recent events of a fatal crash that had happened in early March which tragically took the life of a 14 year old girl. This seemed like a perfect time to address road safety to younger drivers but it was stressed that whatever I was to produce could not be seen in a reflective light of the fatal crash, as it was feared that the campaign would be seen as a 'knee-jerk reaction'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment