Friday, 2 May 2014

The Research Process: Step 3 - Further Meetings

Following the first meeting with PC Taylor and Julie Bibby from Student Services I had taken a lot of good starting points from the discussion. In that meeting, PC Taylor had mentioned that he would try and arrange another meeting with the Roads Policing Unit (RPU) and the Department of Infrastructure (DoI) Road safety unit. This would be a vital meeting which would involve more sectors of Government that produce road safety campaigns. On Friday 4th April I met again with PC Taylor and Gordon Edwards of the Department of Infrastructure Road Safety Sector. This meeting was great for me because I was able to gain lots of information from Mr. Edwards about how the DoI markets their campaigns and what can and can't be done. Mr. Edwards had a lot of advise to give to me about marketing and we also discussed the possibility of producing promotional items. He advised me to be careful when designing them stating that 'they need to be functional to be successful' which was something that I hadn't thought of before. I left this meeting feeling very positive about the project and whilst there I had a flurry of ideas that I could try to pursue. This was the first time that I had felt confident about producing a good strong campaign that I would be happy with in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment