Friday, 2 May 2014

FMP : MONDAY 28TH APRIL 2014

For the first day back at college I wanted to get settled into the project. Because I had already completed a range of primary research before Easter I was mainly focused on getting a small scale survey produced and handed out to gauge what people my age were thinking in relation to being a young driver.
I thought the survey was well written. I had composed questions from what was discussed in the meetings with PC Taylor and Mr. Edwards. Despite this I could have been more direct with options of answers because on reviewing the completed surveys I found that people often wrote comments after the YES/NO questions so in hind site I should have probably given the option of middle ground. 

Despite this I did get some interesting results. 80% of people said that they trust the driver when they are a passenger. Only 45% of people said that they would advise the driver to slow down if they were speeding. I found these two questions related well because out of the people who said they trust the driver, statistically, 69% of them wouldn't advise the driver to slow down if they were speeding.

The survey as an informative prompt worked well and it also allowed people to be honest and answer questions related to this subject freely which ultimately added to accuracy. 
Survey's allow for complete honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment