Friday, 2 May 2014

FMP : THURSDAY 1ST MAY 2014

On Thursday I continued looking at websites with Road Safety campaigns. As I was doing this I was referring to the feedback from the group crit from Wednesday. I found myself thinking about final designs, how they would work, where things would be in the layout - but then I stopped. This is something I have done before!
At this stage I need to be careful not to jump forward to imagining the finished result. This is something I did frequently in my previous projects throughout college.I would always imagine what I wanted to produce at the end rather than going through the design process naturally. The problem I found with thinking towards the final outcomes too early on in the process is that it stunts my creativity which is a major problem for any project and even the quality of the end result suffers because you don't go through those vital points of making creative decisions! So for the benefit of the project, the client and myself I am making an effort to avoid thinking about the end result. The project needs to be nurtured in order for it to work as a final outcome and represent the creative journey that it inevitably will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment