On Wednesday I continued my research into Road Safety campaigns. I looked in particular at the Australian Office of Road Safety website where they had in depth descriptions and outlines of the campaigns explaining audience, aims and media strategies. This was extremely helpful to me because I have to think about these aspects anyway but it clarified my thoughts on how to convey the correct message in the final design.
I then turned my attention specifically to young drivers and the campaigns that had already been produced. I found that these campaigns were extremely amateur in their quality and attention to detail (in most cases anyway) which helped me to outline what I should avoid when I produce my campaign. Cliches are something which I want to avoid. I want my campaign to resonate with more than just 'boy racer' types. I think that if I solely target them as the 'danger' the campaign will lose effectiveness for the whole demographic.
I also took part in the first group crit' today which proved extremely beneficial. My peers opened my thoughts to new concepts for the campaign which I am going to expand on in the next week into potential ideas. The crit was good for me to again see what people's reactions were to the campaign idea as a whole. They were extremely helpful and agreed that the young drivers are a missed demographic within the current campaigns which have been run in the Isle of Man.
No comments:
Post a Comment